Wednesday 11 January 2012

How Do You Know that You Are Chosen?

Bible Verses 

Gen 25:23 And Jehovah said to her, Two nations are in your 
womb... and the one people shall be stronger than the other 
people. And the older shall serve the younger. 

Rom 9:11 Though the children had not yet been born nor had 
done anything good or bad (that the purpose of God according 
to selection might remain, not of works but of Him who calls), 
(12) It was said to her, „The greater shall serve the 
less‰....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

In Jacob, we see God's selection, the matter of Jacob's being 
chosen. Do you believe that you have been chosen? I would 
still ask this question: how do we know from our experience 
that we have been chosen by God? We know it by the fact that 
we cannot get away from Him. During the past fifty years of my 
Christian life, I have tried many times to get away from the 
Lord. I have even said to Him, „Lord, I am tired of the 
Christian life. I am running away.‰ Although I tried to run 
away, I could not do it. 

Try your best to do it, telling Him, „Lord, I don't love You 
anymore. I'm through with being a Christian.‰ You may say this 
to the Lord, but He will reply, „Are you through with Me? It's 
not up to you. You may be through, but I am not. Where shall 
you go˜to Egypt? If you go there, I'll go there to wait for 
you. When you get there, you will find that I'm already 
there.‰ We all have been trapped, and there is no escape. This 
is a strong proof that we have been chosen by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment